Line Dried Linens - Problems exchanging DEFECTIVE merchandise
Very good at taking your money - extremely uncooperative regarding exchanging one defective item.
I spent 735.30 on some very expensive Turkish Towels ( 14 sets; 1 bath, 1hand, 1face towel) . Too cheap to even pay the shipping with such a large order or give the free gift as promised on their site for orders over 100.00
Found ONE towel out of all of those that had a DEFECT , which was brought to sellers attention within 3 days of receipt.
First she wanted a photo ( actually tried to blame the distributor & said he wanted the photo) , I responded with 2 photos showing the abnormally long row of loops on one towel.
This was her response "I'm having some trouble seeing what you are trying to convey. Also, were you able to locate the product code? "
( Having trouble see what I was trying to convey ? Was she closing her eyes while looking at the photos ? )
Then she wanted a photo of the product code ;
Her next response "I talked to Pete at ******; he requests a picture of the defect and the product code under the woven label so he can assist with this matter.
(WTF ? , It was only one order , all 14 items were the same ), but sent a photo of that too - she couldn't have been more evasive & uncooperative.
Then she wanted to call me... to discuss what ?
Her next response "Can I call you tonight? I want to give this my full attention, but right now I'm at work. I'm in touch with Pete ( distributor) and we can discuss.
****I finally filed a dispute with Paypal & they held up her payment. This was the only thing that got her attention.
Here are some of her following responses ;
"As a good faith gesture, Pete (distributor) is asking that you resolve the Paypal dispute. You have merchandise that I cannot resell but have frozen the monies used to pay for those items. I wish this would have been handled better because I really do try very hard to provide great products at a fair price with quality service. Lisa"
1-Asking to me to say dispute was resolved before I had replacement merchandise - Seriously ?
2- Trying to blame/include the distributor again. BTW even though I copied him on the photos he never was involved in ANY of the emails.
3-WTF ? She wants to resell defective merchandise?
4-She wishes it could have been handled better ?
Yeah me too, unfortunately it was all about her .
5- Quality service ? Are you kidding ? She never even apologized for my inconvenience .
6- Even tried to spin it & called the merchandise Damaged, rather than defective as though this were somehow my fault.
" please return the damaged towel to LineDriedLinens"
7- Did not offer to pay return shipping on defective merchandise. I paid 8.62 to ship it back. Wasted my time on all of this & gas to drive to USPS.
8- Sent me SEVERAL additional emails WITHIN A 14 HR period, all with the same theme about getting the defective towel back ;
"Please send me tracking information for his return product. Thank you, Lisa"
"Instead of sending the damaged towel to Pete, he requests you send it to me.
Creedmoor, NC *****
"Please let me know when you receive the towel from ****** and when you mail the return item to me. Thank you. Lisa"
"According to the FedEx tracking information, your replacement towel should arrive Thursday. I will need the tracking information for the return towel when you post to me. I have copied Paypal on the tracking information Pete sent when he shipped your towel. Lisa"
"When your replacement bath towel arrives today, please let me know you received it and please inspect it before it is washed. If all is well, please return the damaged towel to LineDriedLinens ( Lisa ***, *******, Creedmoor, NC ) and remove the hold from my Paypal account. If you need to speak with me, my number is 919-***-****. Thank you, Lisa"
****I must say PayPal was wonderful in helping me with this merchant's uncooperative & evasive behavior.
These same towels are sold by Restoration Hardware ,
guess where I will be shopping for the additional ones I need ?
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Turkish Towels
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I just recently decided to start bidding on Quibids. I thought it was pretty nice, until I decided to hover my mouse over one of my competitors. I looked at..."
- "I sold a PETE CONRAD autograph on eBay. To those who do not know who Pete Conrad is, he was the third man to walk on the moon. ..."
- "I ordered a 75.00 pair of miss me jeans New With tags from DD Danell....... Instead I received an old pair of mossimo jean's that were probably purchased at Target..."
- "I ordered a flower arrangement from Teleflora before Christmas. What I received looked nothing like what I ordered or was expecting. It had no roses, no holly, no red..."
- "I purchased a Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle online from a store in Durham, NC. I was visiting there for a wedding and had gift cards for..."
- "Purchased a bag of Hostess Powdered Mini Donuts on Friday 7/29/2016. Opened bag the next morning. Immediately noticed a foul odor coming from the bag. The donuts..."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."
- "PHILIP MENICI CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE BEWARE DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street..."